2015年7月4日土曜日

Dormitory in Kiev


In Kiev, it is very hard to find internet cafes. Kiev railway station has an internet cafe, 24hours open, 23:00-06:00 10UAH/hour, 06:00-23:00 20UAH/hour to brouse, and I found another internet cafe near Metro Palats Sportu station, but I can't input Japanese language, AjaxIME also doesn't work.

I met a Harvard university student at ZigZagHostel, his name was Matthew Kupfer, majored in politics. He introduced him as:Twitter@Matthew_Kupfer, Linked in, MoscowTimes, EURASIANET.ORG, registan, *, but I'm not interested in and don't know about politics or economics except of about Asia, I can't and haven't read them at all yet. I met a Tokyo university student in the hostel,too. His majour was also politics, about old Soviet regions. 2 young clever people stayed at ZigzagHostel but I moved to Hostel Golden Gates on the 2nd day after arriving in Kiev to go to theatres every day.

ZigZagHostel - Antonovycha St, 3А, 6th Floor, apt.18(DoorCode18) Kyiv, Ukraine, Tel:+38 /098/ 700-08-80 MixedDorm@110UAH. From IEV Kiev Zhulhany Airport:Take BusNo.9 only costs 3UAH, get off at the last stop Metro Tolstoho Station, walk 5 minutes. Very clean.

One Step Independence Square Hostel(Hostel Golden Gates : Xостел Золоті Bорота) - Prorizna St, 18/1G, apt.34, Kyiv, Tel:098 263 6507 Mixed Dorm @80UAH. This hostel has two names. The upper floor is Salve Hostel. Location is very good to go to theatres.

Lvivska Brama Hostel - Artema St. 10, Kyiv, Tel:+38 093 900 2537 FemaleDorm@60UAH. From Kyiv-Pasazhyrs'kyi station:Take BusNo.181,18+7, Get off at Lvivska Square, walk 3 minutes.

I stayed BramaHostel for 8 days because hostel staff said that one day costs 60UAH, one week only costs 250UAH to stay. But it was for Ukrainian only. They can steal money from foreign guest's bags in the week, after I had my money stolen, total cost was 670UAH in 7 days. But I think it is very good way to study about Ukrainian society, especially young Ukrainians life in share house without any jop. They have no money to live and are looking for job in Kiev. One young Ukrainian told me that Ukraine is hell, living cost is incleasing but saraly doesn't inclease. I bought a job magazine and found that Ukrainian job magazine doesn't show working hours and holidays. I asked a woman working at cafe, she said that she works the all cafe opening time 9:00 to 23:00 every day. Ordinary waiter or waitress works 15 hours in a day and can earn 2000UAH per month. Workers are working very hard and employer only need 1 person for 2 person's work. So many people can't get jop and working poor is rapidly increasing in Ukraine.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿